JEANNIE DOUGLAS ART
- Chicago, Illinois.
- I spent my early childhood in Chicago, Ill. and moved to California, when I was a teen. I still have lots of family ties in the Midwest and it will always be my second home.
- I worked each summer on the Chicago Board of Options exchange, during my college years.
- Later in life, I spent a year in the city and had my first son in Chicago. I should have named him after one of the Chicago Cubs players!
- I was not a fan of the cold winters. If there's snow, there should be skiing!
- I love the beautiful city of Chicago, set on Lake Michigan, with all of its spectacular architecture, views, great shopping and amazing deep dish pizza!
- I have lived in Northern and Southern California most of my life.
- I moved from a large city to a small town of 5000+ people in Northern Calif. where I spent my teen years. Our small town was located near the magnificent 14,000+ft Mt. Shasta. I had never seen a mountain before I moved here.
- The root of my inspiration for my artwork, comes from my love of the great outdoors. My connection to nature was shaped when my family moved to California. For the first time, I experienced living in the mountains, exploring outdoor adventures, small town living and sunny California.
- I had never lived near the beach, so I chose to go to University of California, Santa Barbara. Not a bad place to go to college!
- After graduating, I lived in Southern California for years, working in Los Angeles, as an Investment Banker.
- I raised my 3 boys in the East Bay
- I now live in Sonoma County, surrounded by art, wine, food and the beautiful landscape of wine country.
- I can be on a beautiful beach on the Sonoma Coast in about an hour or hiking the trails of Sonoma County filled with redwoods, wildflowers, lakes, rivers, vineyards and spectacular views.
- Had an opportunity to live and study art part time for two years in the beautiful country of Singapore and Thailand in 2013-2014.
- Singapore is a hub for the art lover with its thriving art scene, galleries, museums, global exhibitions, art fairs and workshops.
- The Art Room, Lafayette, Ca. Formal Watercolor training, workshops, weekly open studios, art shows and classes. The group of painters were together from 2004-2018.
- Center for the Community Arts, Walnut Creek, Ca.- Classes in perspective drawing, figure drawing, Watercolor, Acrylic, charcoal and mixed media. 2010-2017
- Studio Miu, Singapore. Studied botanical drawing and Watercolor painting 2013-2014
- Urban Sketchers of Singapore. Outdoor architecture sketching 2013-2014
- Thailand. Batik and Silk design with Watercolor, 2013-2014
UNIVERSITY AND OTHER EDUCATION
- California Real Estate license, 2015
- University of California, Berkeley Extension, Certification in Marketing, 2014
- University of California, Santa Barbara, Bachelor of Arts, 1984
- Investment banking licenses, Series 3, Series 7, Series 63, 1985
LagunaART.com, Laguna Beach, CA; 2019-
JCO's Art Haus, Los Gatos, CA; 2019-
The Very, Very Rare Affordable Art Fair, Los Gatos, Ca. April 25-28, 2019
- California Watercolor Association 2004-
- Sebastopol Center For The Arts, Sebastopol, Ca. 2018-
- Healdsburg Center For The Arts, Healdsburg, Ca. 2018-
- Marin MOCA- Museum of Contemporary Art, Novato, Ca. 2018